Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gamefly

Sorry that I have not been updating my site lately. I have been busy with school, work, and my girlfriend. I did not have any time to go and update this page. Well, now I will go and start updating my page daily with video game-related content. Everything related to video games.

Well, now let's get to the video games part!

Just recently I subscribed to Gamefly because the cost of obtaining games have went up and movie and game rental places like Blockbuster closed down all of their stores. I believe they have gone digital and postal like Netflix. When signing up for the first time, you could get a 30 day free trial and then have a payment of $8 for two months. After the two months are over, you pay a slightly higher price. I fell in love with the service; you could choose your plan on how many games you could rent at once. Although the service seems to make getting games a lot easier it also has some negative sides to it.

From doing a bit of online research for a bit, I found out that people had problems getting the games that they wanted. Gamefly has something called a GameQ; the GameQ is a list of games you want to rent. Games at the top being the most wanted game to be rented and the bottom being the lowest. Beside the games you put in your GameQ is the status on how available they are. The statuses go by percentages of being mailed out. This made it kind of troublesome to get some of the games that you want-especially some that just recently got released. Another problem with Gamefly is the waiting time for some of the games to be mailed to you.

 Gamefly has some distribution centers all over the country. Depending on how close you are to one of them determines which distribution center mails out the game to you. Well, there are some people who are unlucky and have to wait a long time to receive their games. I believe there was a few people that waited nearly a week and a half to two weeks. Thank goodness I was not unfortunate, I had my game mailed to me in like two days. This was because I live in Miami, Florida and the distribution center is in Tampa. Well, other than those two things I mentioned, Gamefly is a better, cheaper alternative to buying video games and I recommend it to anyone.

Since I am feeling kind of generous, I am going to give out a code that is used to getting the 30 day free trial. The keyword is SWEET.

Hope everyone enjoys this little post that I did. It is good to be back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment